Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings
by: Stan and Jan Berenstain
 

Why we liked this book:  It was a good book to help my kids understand what it means to be grateful for what they have. 
Activity:  To help make sure they understood what blessings are I had them come up with as many things they were grateful for that they could.  It was hard for them to write out sentences for first I had them draw pictures of things they were grateful for.  When they were done I had them come show me and we wrote down what they were grateful for and I made them tell me why.  Then I talked to them about several other things we should be grateful for and why.  It was a really good lesson!
We did this when my daughter was 3 so you really can do this with young kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment